Saturday, April 26, 2008

Selecting Classes

Even though school doesn't start until August 28th, I have to pick classes this Monday. I spent a long time being hugely confused by the catalog but then becoming engrossed by the catalog, as I actually thought about taking classes on these topics from these teachers. I've been out of any kind of school for 18 years or so. Reading the catalog was kind of like watching a little fire taking hold from smouldering embers buried in the back of my mind. I had vague flashbacks to planning undergraduate schedules and worrying about getting enough hours while leaving big blocks of time so I could work enough to stay in school.

A couple of courses are prescribed. I have to have two sessions with advisors, and they don't have to be in photography at all. I also am required to take an art history class on modern art and post-modernism. Required to take a photography seminar. That's four classes (12 hours) prescribed. It leaves room for one class of any kind at all. I'm thinking of a seminar in sculpture, since it's closest to the installation art that I'm interested in now.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments: